70GHz - 80GHz FCC Link Registration Procedure
Instructions and information on how to complete your FCC link registration
FCC Registration Introduction
Link Registration Options
A non-exclusive nationwide license is a required prerequisite for registering individual links in the 71-76 GHz, 81-86 GHz, and 92-95 GHz (70/80/90 GHz) bands. Individual links cannot be registered until a non-exclusive nationwide license is obtained. Licensees must register links through one of the FCC approved 3rd-party Database Managers. Comsearch, Micronet Communications, Inc., and Frequency Finder, Inc. were announced by the FCC as independent database managers, responsible for the design and management of the third-party 70/80/90 GHz bands link registration system. Customers who expect to register a high number of links per year may choose to apply for a non-exclusive nationwide license that will allow them to register links independently with one of the Database Managers. Refer to Appendix A for detailed steps on how to independently register links.
Alternatively, Siklu offers FCC Link Registration service for customers who would like to save time and/or do not have the technical resources. In such cases, links will be registered under Siklu’s nationwide license. Siklu has implemented a simple and straight-forward online link registration form on its website that lists all the required info for link registration. In addition updated products specs, including validation of the provided info to meet FCC requirements and assure smooth and time-efficient registration are available.
Siklu Online 70-80GHz - Link Registration Form
- Before completing the online form, please order the service from an authorized Siklu distributor. Contact your distributor for a quote.
- Complete the Siklu FCC Link Registration Form
- Complete the form and submit it as per instructions. The form has to be completed fully for the process to move forward.
- One form for each link to be deployed needs to be submitted. If you have ordered link registration service for 2 links or
more, please state under the “Purchase Order Number” field (for example, “PO 12345, Link 1 of 5”).
- Once the form has been submitted, you will receive an auto-reply mail from firstname.lastname@example.org with the application
details summarized in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Siklu or its service partner will confirm the receipt of the request and will update you regarding the expected processing time of up to 3 business days.
- Siklu or its service partner will verify the provided information and will attempt to register the link with the FCC database.
Upon successful registration, you will receive link registration confirmation.
- In the case of missing or incorrect information is submitted, or if link parameters need to be changed, Siklu or its service
partner will contact you to address these issues until the link is registered successfully.
Self-Registration With Your Own License
- Request an FCC Registration Number (FRN) from the FCC on their ULS (Universal Licensing System) portal at https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do. This process takes approximately 10 minutes and an FRN number is generated immediately.
- Apply for a Nationwide License on the FCC ULS- this procedure takes approximately 30 minutes. Once this information is entered and you pay the $490 fee, the FCC will grant the license the next business day. Once you have your Nationwide License, you are ready to begin entering in parameters for licensing your individual links.
- Set up an account with one of the FCC database managers- i.e. Comsearch- http://www.comsearch.com/products/ online- tools/millimeter-wave-70-90-ghz-registration/. Register individual links using your new account with the database manager.
Need help registering your link?
Speak with a Siklu representative to address all of your questions and concerns, and get the FCC link registration process started.